Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mark 11-12: It is Marvelous in Our Eyes

 “‘The stone the builders rejected
   has become the capstone;
the Lord has done this,
   and it is marvelous in our eyes’?”
  - Mark 12:10-11 NIV
I love these words.  Whenever I think that I am unable to adequately defend the gospel, whenever I face opposition to my belief that I can't refute with eloquent words, I remember that it is all part of God's plan.  His plan included rejection.  His plan included his own son being despised, betrayed, brutalized and forsaken.  His own son faced total rejection and it was the Lord's hand that orchestrated it from humble beginning to humiliating end. 

This is the gate of the LORD
   through which the righteous may enter.
I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
   you have become my salvation.

The stone the builders rejected
   has become the capstone;
the LORD has done this,
   and it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day the LORD has made;
   let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Psalm 118:20-24 NIV

This life of rejection is the gate by which we enter in.  It is marvelous in our eyes.


2010 Post - Mark 11-12:  The Widow's Mite

No comments:

Post a Comment