Friday, March 21, 2014

Deuteronomy 32: Full of Power


“See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.
I lift my hand to heaven and declare: As surely as I live forever,  when I sharpen my flashing sword and my hand grasps it in judgment, I will take vengeance on my adversaries and repay those who hate me. 
-Deut. 32:39-41 NIV

How different our lives would be if we truly believed that this is the God we serve, the only god, the one who puts to death and the one who brings life.  If we truly believed this, we would pray for our enemies as Jesus said we were to do.  We would turn the other cheek, we would understand that vengeance is God's alone.  We would know that God needs no defending, he can defend himself.  We would be cursing the darkness, not the unfortunate souls who inhabit it.  We would be offering light and hope and salvation to a world that is desperately lost.  We would be confident in our God and his mighty power rather than trying to turn back the darkness on our own.  If we truly believed in the power of God, our lives would be full of his power.

No comments:

Post a Comment