Sunday, July 18, 2010

Song of Songs: A Love Song

The Song of Songs (or Solomon) sticks out in the middle of the Old Testament. What is that all about?  Songs between a lover and his beloved?   What does this have to do with God's plan for his creation?  Where is the great spiritual message?

...for your love is more delightful than wine. - Song of Songs 1:2 NIV

He has taken me to the banquet hall,
and his banner over me is love. - Song of Songs 2:4 NIV

My lover is mine and I am his; - Song of Songs 2:16 NIV:

...when I found the one my heart loves.
I held him and would not let him go...Song of Songs 3:4 NIV

Such love is difficult to comprehend, even more difficult to experience.



Dedicated to Derek Loux who is now in the presence of the Lover of his Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment