Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Time and Season

I have been struggling lately with what I should do with this blog.  I cannot stop reading through the Bible.  It's the only source of light we have in this ever increasingly dark world, but putting my thoughts down for all to see as I read is becoming too mechanic.  For years I kept a journal where I would share my most intimate thoughts, my hopes, dreams, regrets, and prayers with the Lord.  I wasn't even always faithful at that, but It cemented the bond between us in a way that sharing through this blog has never done.  While the discipline of writing has caused me to be more diligent in my reading and less haphazard, it has not deepened my dependence on God in the way I envisioned. 

So, for now, I will stop sharing my thoughts here on a daily basis.  If and when God reveals something that I feel compelled to share, I will use this as a writing place, but for now, it is the season to say farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment