Saturday, December 31, 2011

Revelations 19-22: Come, Lord Jesus

     I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.  Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.  On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
     KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. - Rev. 19:11-16 NIV

     Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”
     “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelations 22:10-13 NIV 

    The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. -Revelations 22:17 NIV

I am not always faithful, in fact I fail many times.  It is the end of the year and I have not finished my daily devotions for the past few days.  I've been caught up in other things less important.  The student who has lived with us off and on for the last eight years left us to move to her new job in California.  For the two weeks before she left, we entertained her parents on their first visit to the US from their country of Moldova.  I spent a day getting a new computer set up.  There have been days at work, days of celebrating the holiday and days of doing everything but.  Still, God is faithful.  He is the only one called Faithful and True.  He is faithful when we are not.  He is the first and last word, the beginning and the end of not just a year, but of all time.  The call still rings out. 'Come!.  The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come!  Come all ye who are thirsty, come all ye who want, come all ye who are not faithful, come all ye who want to take the free gift of the water of life.  Come!'

So I come, not worthy, never worthy, not faithful, never faithful, I come to the one who is, and  n my heart is the cry of all the bride, 'Come, come Lord Jesus, come!'

Revelations19-22:  Faithful & True

No comments:

Post a Comment