Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2 Timothy, Titus & Philemon: I Know Whom I have Believed.

Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us- 2 Timothy 1:12-14 NIV

There are days when I wonder if I will make it to the end.  I have come this far, but will all of the pressures of the world finally wear me down and cause me to abandon my faith.  Will I give up because it is easier?  Will I abandon what I have believed in thus far because of apathy?  Will I lose all when I have won so much?  All of these are questions not worth asking because it is not our deeds that keep us, it is God's grace.  It is God who has chosen us, we are his chosen, his elect.  He has given us the Holy Spirit to live in us and guard our hearts.  No matter my doubts, I know that he will keep me, he will keep that which I've committed safe until the day I see him face to face.


2010 Post - 2 Timothy, Titus & Philemon:  Not Ashamed

No comments:

Post a Comment