Thursday, December 8, 2011

1 Corinthians 7-11: What More Do I Need to Know?

We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God. - 1 Cor. 8:1-3 NIV

Never before has so much knowledge been accessible.  We are bombarded with facts and fiction daily.  Knowledge may be power, but it is not always good for us.  What was the tree in the garden that Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat?  It was the tree of knowledge, the knowledge of good and evil.  Since time began, we have all wanted to know it all and it will always be our downfall.  It is not possible for us to know it all, but yet the smallest bit of knowledge makes us all think we are experts when in fact, the more information we have the more confused many of us become. 

At this point in life, I'm not sure I care to stuff any more facts in my head.  I don't need to know anything more than the author of the universe and the amazing fact that he knows me.  That's pretty amazing if you think about it.  He knows me.  He has known me since time immortal.  He has known me and called me by name.  What more do I need to know?

2010 Post - 1 Corinthians 711:  Run to Win

No comments:

Post a Comment