Thursday, March 26, 2015

1 Kings 5-9 : God's Eyes and Heart Are Always There

The LORD said to him: “I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. - 1 Kings 9:3 NIV

Until you stand at the wailing wall in Jerusalem, you cannot fully understand these words to Solomon as the temple in Jerusalem was dedicated.  It isn't just being surrounded by all of the people worshipping there.  It isn't something you understand, it is something you know.  As God told Solomon, his eyes and heart will always be there.  That is why, when you write your prayer requests on a small sliver of paper, fold it and slide it into a small crack in the foundation you feel your petition has been received by God.  A powerful force still surrounds the place where Solomon created a permanent home for the Lord God.; where God ceased to occupy a nomadic tent and settled down to make his home with those he loved and who loved him.  When you stand in the remains of the temple, you realize that God meant it when he said "My eyes and my heart will always be there".

No comments:

Post a Comment