Tuesday, March 24, 2015

2 Samuel 21-24: His Unfailing Love

He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. - 2 Sam. 22:17. NIV

We live in times that are very much similar to David's time.  We are surrounded by enemies who not only do not follow the God that we follow, but who would also love nothing better than to destroy us all.  How do you live under those circumstances where there are constant threats against your survival and more importantly against your faith.  The  threat was constantly around David to abandon his faith:  to trust in anything other than the God of Israel, to trust in the size of his army, to trust in his possessions.

Whenever I get overwhelmed by the worlds situation or situations in my own life, whenever doubts creep in as to whether the gospel, the power of God, is real, all I have to do is recall how he reached down and rescued me; how he pulled me out of the depths and placed me feet on solid ground.  It is real!  I have seen him and his power.  I have seen his glory.  The land around me may be parched and weary, but I am in the presence of His unfailing love.

O God, you are my God;I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you;my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary landwhere there is no water.  I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory.  Your unfailing love is better than life itself;how I praise you!  I will praise you as long as I live,lifting up my hands to you in prayer.- Ps 63:1-4 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment