Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Job 1-19: I Will See Him

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! -Job 19:25-27

Poor Job.  Not only has he lost his family and his health, but his so-called friends are no help or comfort to him as well.  In spite of all of his protests, they assert that Job must have done something wrong and is now suffering the consequences that he deserves.  Job, meanwhile is convinced that he is blameless and if he could only reason it out with God, everything would be all right.

We may not have such unreliable friends, but how many times is our response the same.  Woe is me!  Why is God not hearing me?  What have I done wrong.  In the end, the only consolation is as Job expressed it.  I know that my Redeemer lives and one day I shall see him face to face.  What marvelous words!  I will see Him face to face.  I will see Him and all the confusion, problems and suffering of this finite world will no longer matter.  I will see  Him!

On a side note...I have not abandoned my daily bible reading, but I find that a lot of my devotions are taking on a more personal note or are not necessarily applicable to the scripture I am reading on any given day.  I'm not sure I want to share all of them, so my postings may be more erratic than I intended initially when I started this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment