Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Eccliastes 8-9: Wisdom is Hope

Who is like the wise man?
   Who knows the explanation of things?
Wisdom brightens a man’s face
   and changes its hard appearance. - Ecclesiastes 8:1 NIV

I have been struggling to understand a few things over the last month.  The more I try to understand, the more confused my mind seems to get.  It goes round and round caught up in one direction or the other, like being tossed around in a whirlpool from which there is no release.  As all this has been happening, my physical self has suffered as well.  Things have been going on with my body that I can't understand as well.  Down and down I seem to go.  I don't have to tell anyone what is going on, my face lays it all out in front for all to see.  It's a tired face.

But even in the midst of all of the confusion, occasionally a revelation dawns and my face lights up.  Even if it is only for a fleeting moment, I come alive.  There is hope.  There may be an end, a way out of this morass and just that hope brightens my mood and my countenance.  Wisdom, the one thing that we cannot get on our own.  It is the great mystery that comes from God, revelation of things our mind cannot conceive, cannot even imagine.  It is is what brightens a mans face.  Wisdom is hope.

2010 Post - Ecclesiastes 8-9:  This is the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment