Saturday, July 9, 2011

Proverbs 28-29: Never the Twain Shall Meet

The righteous detest the dishonest;
   the wicked detest the upright
. - Prov. 29:27 NIV

Proverbs talks a lot about fools and wise men, the wicked and the upright, the wealthy and the poor, the rulers and the servants, the greedy and the generous, the ones never satisfied and those who are content.

I have to think long and hard about which side of the issue I would rather be on.  Do I really want to side with the poor and oppressed as opposed to those with wealth and influence?  Do I really want to be wise when a lot of the time my actions are more those of a fool?  Can I consider myself content and even blessed with what I have, or is there always something else that catches my eye?

Proverbs goes on and on and on and you begin to get the drift.  The only way to get through this life with any satisfaction is to be on what always appears to be the losing side.   There is no middle ground.

2010 Post - Proverbs 28-29:  Righteousness and Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment