Saturday, July 30, 2011

Isaiah 41-42: Upheld by His Right Hand

 “But you, O Israel, my servant,
   Jacob, whom I have chosen,
   you descendants of Abraham my friend,
I took you from the ends of the earth,
   from its farthest corners I called you.
I said, ‘You are my servant’;
   I have chosen you and have not rejected you.
So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Is. 41:8-10 NIV

This is not how we usually see ourselves:  being upheld by the right hand of God.  Most of the time, we think the whole world is against us, against those who claim the be adopted children of God.  Persecuted, we have been and will continue to be.  In every generation, there are those who have given their lives for their faith, but that doesn't change the fact that we have been chosen by God and have never been rejected. 

No matter the circumstance, we have no reason to fear or be dismayed.  Nothing of true value can be taken away from us.  Nothing can destroy us.  God will uphold us in righteousness.  He will uphold us with his right hand.

2010 Post - Isaiah 41-42:  God Declares a New Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment