Monday, August 8, 2011

Isaiah 60-62: No Other Choice

 I delight greatly in the LORD;
   my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
   and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness
, - Is. 61:10 NIV

I do delight in the Lord.  I have no choice.  He has taken me, claimed me, changed me as no other could.  There have been many times I have struggled with this Christian walk, many times when I knew I could not do it, it was too hard, I was too imperfect.  But like that old-time hymn, I have always had to say, "Where could I go but to the Lord?"  Where could I go.  There is no one else who could free me from the burden of sin and guilt.  There is no one else that could give me the promise of any future.  There is no one else that sacrificed for me as he did, that cares for me as he does, that challenges me as he does, that corrects me as he does, there is no one else that loves me as he does. All so I can stand here, clothed in a garment of salvation and arrayed in a robe of righteousness that I never deserved.  I have no choice but to delight greatly in the Lord and rejoice in my God.

2010 Post - Isaiah 60-62:  The Savior Comes

No comments:

Post a Comment