Friday, January 2, 2015

Genesis 4-8: And God Remembered


And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters assuaged; - Gen. 8:1 KJV

I don't know about you, but I've been through the flood.  I've been in waters so deep, I tired from doing nothing but treading water and feared that drowning was eminent and even preferred to the constant waves that threatened to take me under.  But, just like Noah, God remembered me.  While I may have lost sight of him, I was never gone from his sight.  He remembered me, he lifted me up above the waves.  He set my feet on solid ground.  Not only does God save, He restores.  We are washed clean of all the old muck in which we were entangled.  He strips everything off that was pulling us down.  He sets us free.  He does not remember our sin, the state we were in, but he remembers us.

No comments:

Post a Comment