Friday, April 10, 2015

1 Chronicles 14-17: Who Am I?

Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: “Who am I, O LORD God, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? And as if this were not enough in your sight, O God, you have spoken about the future of the house of your servant. You have looked on me as though I were the most exalted of men, O LORD God. -1 Chron. 17:16-17 NIV

If David, the greatest king in the history of Israel, a man after God's own heart, would ask these questions, what should our response be to the blessings of God in our lives?  First, we have to acknowledge that it is God himself that has brought us thus far.  It is God that has blessed us with our current circumstances whatever that might be.  Some might say, "Well, our situation is not that great right now".  Well, neither was David's.  He was pursued for years by a maniacal Saul who wanted to see him dead.  His own wife despised him.  His children would turn against him.  And on and on...just like our own lives.  Our lives do not have to be perfect to be blessed.

Which brings us to our second response, we have to realize that God looks on all of us, each and every one, as though we are the most exalted of men.  Can you wrap your mind around that?  God considers us right up there with the saints and angels.  We are that precious in his sight.  Just as with David, none of this is of our own doing.  It is only because of God's love for his creation that he made a way for us.

Who am I that God has brought me thus far?



No comments:

Post a Comment