Tuesday, April 21, 2015

1 Chronicles 23-29: An Inheritance Forever

So now I charge you in the sight of all Israel and of the assembly of the LORD, and in the hearing of our God: Be careful to follow all the commands of the LORD your God, that you may possess this good land and pass it on as an inheritance to your descendants forever. - 1 Chron. 28:8 NIV

The formula for prosperity is not that difficult to understand, but it is extremely difficult to adhere to....follow all the commands of the Lord your God.  That's it...follow God's commands.  There were only Ten Commandments.  A lot of intrepretations were added to make it more specific, but there were only ten.   Later, Jesus narrowed those Ten Commandments down to only two - love the Lord your God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself.  How difficult can that be?  From my standpoint, it's not difficult, it's impossible!

I may think I am loving my neighbor, but all of my selfish wants and desires get in the way.  I love when it is convenient, but selflessly, never.  As for loving God with all of my heart, I wish I could say that I do, but, I'm afraid that most of the time I treat him like a gumball machine.  I put a little in and expect a good response in return.  I know he demands more of me than that.  If it were not for the cross, for God's own Son giving me access to His family, I would have no inheritance, earthly or heavenly whatsoever.  Only because of God's mercy, I have an inheritance forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment