Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Isaiah 46-48: God will Sustain

This message was for Israel, but it applies to us today.  God will sustain us.  He knew us before we were born, and just like Israel, we were chosen.  He made a way for us to be grafted in to as his chosen people, and he will always make a way.  He will always sustain, carry, and rescue his people.  The mighty kingdoms that tried to overcome Israel and all of God's chosen for that matter, from Egypt, to Babylon, to Rome, and even to this present day cannot save.  They have nothing to give us.  It is the Lord God that sustains, and He alone.

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob,
all you who remain of the house of Israel,
you whom I have upheld since you were conceived,
and have carried since your birth.
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you. - Is. 46: 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment