Sunday, August 8, 2010

Isaiah 56-57: All Are Welcome

And foreigners who bind themselves to the LORD
to serve him,
to love the name of the LORD,
and to worship him,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant-
 these I will bring to my holy mountain
and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
a house of prayer for all nations." - Is. 56:6-7 NIV

While Israel was God's chosen people,He makes it clear that all are welcome to come.  Sometimes we set the standards too high for those who would follow God.  We give them our own rules and regulations to follow, when all that is required is a heart for God that is contrite and a spirit that has been broken by Him, not by us.  Our concern should be that we remove any obstacles, to clear the path so they can see clearly the one and only Truth and the Way.

And it will be said:
"Build up, build up, prepare the road!
Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people."
For this is what the high and lofty One says—
he who lives forever, whose name is holy:
"I live in a high and holy place,
but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit,
to revive the spirit of the lowly
and to revive the heart of the contrite.  - Is 57: 14-15 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment