Friday, August 27, 2010

Jeremiah 30-31: God's Never Ending Love for Israel

What Israel's enemies have failed to see down through the centuries is that they are nothing more than pawns in the hands of God.  Any punishment that they have delivered to Israel has been the Lord's doing, not their own.  And while all of the nations of the earth may abandon Israel, God will never do so.  Not only that, but there will come a time when Israel will not abandon God.

 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people. - Jer. 31:33 NIV

Lest anyone gets weary of waiting, or thinks the restoration of Israel will never come to pass, God's promise is as steady and sure as the world that we know.

This is what the LORD says,
he who appoints the sun
to shine by day,
who decrees the moon and stars
to shine by night,
who stirs up the sea
so that its waves roar—
the LORD Almighty is his name:
"Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,"
declares the LORD,
"will the descendants of Israel ever cease
to be a nation before me." - Jer. 31:35-36 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment