Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ezekiel 21-22: Who Will Stand In the Gap

'O profane and wicked prince of Israel, whose day has come, whose time of punishment has reached its climax, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Take off the turban, remove the crown. It will not be as it was: The lowly will be exalted and the exalted will be brought low. A ruin! A ruin! I will make it a ruin! It will not be restored until he comes to whom it rightfully belongs; to him I will give it.'  - Eze. 21:25-27 NIV

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.  So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD." - Eze. 22:30 NIV
 
In Ezekiels day, there were none who were righteous. There was no one to build up the wall and stand in the gap.  Everyone left in Jerusalem had become as dross to the Lord.  One day, Jerusalem would be restored, when the one to whom it rightfully belongs appears, But for now, all that are left will be sent away into exile.  Jerusalem will be a ruin.

No comments:

Post a Comment