Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ezekiel 40-43: The Glory Returns

In these chapters, Ezekiel describes another vision shown to him by the Lord.  

In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city. He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand. The man said to me, "Son of man, look with your eyes and hear with your ears and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the house of Israel everything you see." - Eze. 40:2-4 NIV

There has been much speculation on the meaning of Ezekiel's temple down through the ages, as well.  This much is known.  Someday there will be a new Jerusalem, the redeemed of the Lord will dwell in it and God's glory will return.

and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory. The vision I saw was like the vision I had seen when he came to destroy the city and like the visions I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown. The glory of the LORD entered the temple through the gate facing east. Then the Spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court, and the glory of the LORD filled the temple.

While the man was standing beside me, I heard someone speaking to me from inside the temple. He said: "Son of man, this is the place of my throne and the place for the soles of my feet. This is where I will live among the Israelites forever. - Eze. 43:2-7 NIV

And he shall reign forever and ever.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment