Thursday, November 21, 2013

Psalms 66: He Touched Me

Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me. - Psalms 66:16 NIV

Sometimes I think I am the only one who has doubts, the only one who hears that small voice, when I am reading the scriptures, that whispers, 'Is it really true?'   Is there a god that placed the stars in place, that called forth the waters of the deep, that can cause the mountains to crumble?  Is there someone who called the life of this sphere, floating in space, in to being, in to life?   Is there someone who heals the sick and raises the dead?  Is there someone who guides the actions of kings and princes, even presidents?   Is there someone who numbers the days of the mighty, who in fact numbers my days?   Can there be someone that big, that great, that awesome?

As then, as I read on, I come upon the answer..."Let me tell you what he has done for me."  Therein lies the answer.  I am a changed person.  I once was hopeless.  I looked at the future lying before me, and knew it could only end in despair.  There was no hope, no future.  Then I found it, when I let Him find me.  All the running, climbing, clawing, was futile.  It only took me further away from the peace I so desperately needed.  In the midst of my runnung, I was overtaken by his love and life has never been the same.  That little niggling doubt is crushed by the reality of my changed life.  As the Gaither song says, "He touched me and made me whole!"

No comments:

Post a Comment