Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ezekiel 12-15: His Word Is

The word of the LORD came to me:  “Son of man, the house of Israel is saying, ‘The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future.’
  “Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign LORD.’” - Ezek. 12:26-28 NIV

I am not a prophet, but I know some things are true.  I know when God speaks it can never be doubted.  When there is nothing else in this world that is lasting or can be counted on, God's word is still standing.  I believe the time has come when we should be hearing these words of God, as if they were spoken today,  "None of my words will be delayed any longer; whatever I say will be fulfilled, declares the Sovereign LORD."

What God says is true.  His word is eternal.  It is the beginning and the end.  It has never been late, it has never been premature.  There is no way around it.  We can ignore it, we can translate it, we can avoid it, we can accept all, or part, or none if it, but that changes nothing.  His Word will come to pass, here in the immediate future and in the eternity to come.  In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.  What God has spoken will be. His word is.

2010 Post - Ezekiel 12-15:  Only The Righteous Would Be Saved

No comments:

Post a Comment