Friday, September 30, 2011

Daniel 10-12: Behind the Scenes

Sometimes I feel like I'm Dorothy in the Land of Oz.  I'm trying  to get home, but there are all of these trials and temptations along the way that continue to hinder me and all the time I'm being manipulated by an unseen wizard. 

If we believe what Daniel saw and was told, this is true.  Only, it's not a wizard, it's princes and kings and daughters of kings behind the curtain. There are two forces, greater than anything we can imagine, their kingdoms are not worldly kingdoms, they are spiritual kingdoms, and they are waging a war far greater than what we can imagine as well.  The Apostle Paul says we see through a glass darkly, For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (1 Cor. 13:12 KJV)  That's all we can handle now.  Not even Daniel could understand the enormity of what takes place in the other realm.
I heard, but I did not understand. So I asked, “My lord, what will the outcome of all this be?”
He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end. Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand. - Dan. 12:8-10 NIV

All of the behind the scenes manipulating that is taking place by forces we cannot see or even comprehend will continue until the end.  The wicked will continue to be wicked, but many will be purified, made spotless and refined.  That's enough to know.  I don't need to see the wizard, I don't need to peer behind the curtain.  I just need to trust in the one who made me spotless and refined.

2010 Post - Daniel 10-12:  The End of Days

No comments:

Post a Comment