Friday, September 23, 2011

Ezekiel 40-43: The Glory of God's Presence

Then the man brought me to the gate facing east,  and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory.  The vision I saw was like the vision I had seen when he came to destroy the city and like the visions I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown. The glory of the LORD entered the temple through the gate facing east - Ezek. 43:1-3 NIV

Is it possible that we can be inhabited by that same glory of the Lord, the glory that Ezekiel and other Old Testament prophets saw, the glory that caused them to fall on their faces?  If God's spirit dwells in us, then it just possible that the world could see God through us, that we would have the power to convict people of their sins, not because of our words or even our deeds, but because the Spirit of God dwells within.  I know I'm not anywhere close to being so transparent that God's holiness shines through, but I think if we call ourselves God's people, that should be our goal and nothing else:  that others could not be around us without being aware of the glory of God's presence. 

2010 Post - Ezekiel 40-43:  The Glory Returns

No comments:

Post a Comment