Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ezekiel 26-28: God Will Show Himself Holy

  “‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I gather the people of Israel from the nations where they have been scattered, I will show myself holy among them in the sight of the nations. Then they will live in their own land, which I gave to my servant Jacob. They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God.’”  - Ezek. 18:25-27: NIV

If I sometimes doubt God's promises to me, I have to confess that I doubt his word even more when it comes to Israel.  Especially now, when it seems that all of the nations are abandoning any semblance of goodwill towards Israel; when it looks like all of the turmoil and torment in the mid-east will result in Israel being besieged as never before.

God's word is true, God's promises will come to pass and will come to pass in circumstances that make it clear that it is only God and his hand on his people that have brought it about.  God will show himself holy among the nations.  His people will live in safety and punishment will be inflicted on those who malign God's chosen.  We may not see it in our lifetime, but God's promise will stand if only for one reason.:  that the whole world will know that God is the Lord God of Israel.  Even at this moment, for any that would see, he is showing himself holy among them in the sight of the nations. 

2010 Post - Ezekiel 26-28:  Woe to Tyre

No comments:

Post a Comment