Friday, September 16, 2011

Ezekiel 21-22: Will He Be Found?

“I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.” Ezel. 22:30-31 NIV

Is God looking for that man again today?  The one who would build up the wall.  The one who would go before God and plead for his mercy on behalf of a rebellious and ignorant people.  One who would speak our against all the injustice around him.  One whose heart would break for the orphans, widows and aliens who have been trampled by God's people in their quest to get what they want.   One who would speak out against what God's people have whitewashed in order to maintain a godly appearing front. One who would call sin a sin.  If God was looking for that man today, would he be found?

I need someone to stand in the gap for me, because I am guilty; guilty of all the sins that have been cataloged and many others.  I am guilty.  Where is the one who will stand between me and God?  I looked, and there he was.  The only one who could rightly say he was without sin.  The only one who could protect me from the wrath of God.  God himself, in the form of his son, comes to stand beside me and tells me it is all right.  My sins will not be counted against me.  They've been erased, covered by his own blood.  There is no other man who can represent me, no other one who can be found blameless.  There is only one.  Will he be found?


2010 Post - Ezekiel 21-22:  Who Will Stand in the Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment