Saturday, December 14, 2013

2 Timothy: He Will Keep Me


For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. - 2 Tim. 4:6-8 NIV

I have finished the race, Paul says, I have fought a good fight.  In spite of persecutions and imprisonment, in spite of being deserted by those who I thought were brothers in the faith, I have not given up on the gospel.  The gospel that was revealed to me on the road to Damascus.  The gospel that changed my life from one of trying to destroy those who believed to one defending those same believers. And now, as this earthly life winds down, I can look forward to seeing the one who called me.  Whatever I have gone through is unimportant.  My circumstances are not the criteria that will be used to determine whether or not my life has been productive.  That lies in the hands of the one to whom I have entrusted my life, my being.  God has called me, he has kept me, he will keep me.

That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. -  Tim. 2:12 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment