Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Jude: Faultless

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. - Jude 1:24-25 NIV

Do you know how much I need a savior, how much I needed one in my past and need one for my future?  "Prone to wander," as the song says, "Lord I feel it.  Prone to leave the God I love."  I have nothing in my own power arsenal that will keep me safe from the temptation to stray.  Nothing!  Even when I do not wander off in my actions, I cannot keep my heart safe.  The pull is there:  to take the shortcut, to malign, to despair, to seek my own alternatives.  Thank God, there is a Savior with the glory, majesty, power and authority to keep me safe, to keep me from falling.  Someone who dances and rejoices over me with great joy.  Someone who takes me by the hand and proudly presents me to the Father, as faultless as an unblemished newborn child.

No comments:

Post a Comment