Sunday, June 20, 2010

Psalms 104-106: Bless Thou the Lord O My Soul

May the glory of the LORD endure forever;
may the LORD rejoice in his works,
who looks on the earth and it trembles,
who touches the mountains and they smoke!
I will sing to the LORD as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
May my meditation be pleasing to him,
for I rejoice in the LORD.
Let sinners be consumed from the earth,
and let the wicked be no more!
Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! - Ps. 104 31-35

Words cannot contain or adequately describe the wonder that is the Lord God.  As the Psalmist said, He wraps himself in light. (Ps 104:2)  He holds the universe in his hand for he alone is the creator of all we see or know.  Not only does the whole earth belong to him, but he has been present in the lives of his creation since the beginning of time.  He fulfilled his promise to Abraham, he led his people into a promised land, he spoke time and time again through the prophets and finally sent his very own son so that we could have a personal relationship with him.  When this becomes our meditation, we have no choice but to sing 'Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD!'

No comments:

Post a Comment