Monday, June 14, 2010

Psalms 90-94: Because He Loves Me

"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." - Ps.91:14 NIV

God says he will rescue and protect us because we love him.  Not because of any great deeds we have done, not because of sacrifices we have made at great cost, but because we love him.  That shouldn't be a difficult thing to do.  The Psalmists could look back and see God's faithfulness.

Lord, you have been our dwelling place
throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God. - Ps. 90:1-2 NIV

All we have to do as the Psalmist reminds us is to dwell in Him, to remain in Him.

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."  - Ps. 91:1-2 NIV

And not because we are afraid of Him, but because we love Him.  God has always been after our hearts. He has given his love willingly.  He desires the same of his people.

No comments:

Post a Comment