Thursday, June 30, 2011

Proverbs 5-8: Who is Wise?

With me are riches and honor,
   enduring wealth and prosperity.
My fruit is better than fine gold;
   what I yield surpasses choice silver.
I walk in the way of righteousness,
   along the paths of justice,
bestowing wealth on those who love me
   and making their treasuries full.
“The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works,
   before his deeds of old;
I was appointed from eternity,
   from the beginning, before the world began. -Prov. 8:18-23 NIV

Wisdom speaks and declares that it has been with God all along.  Wisdom was there when the earth was created.  Perhaps that is why so few of us are endowed with wisdom...it is a God given, a God ordained thing and most of us eschew anything that would even appear to be god-like.  We want to do it on our own and think we are so smart, but in the end, most of us pay for our own foolish actions and seldom reap any of the benefits of God given wisdom.

Look around...how many people do you know who are truly wise...not just book smart or technologically savvy, but truly wise.  I don't know if I've met very many in my life time, and most of those I have known experienced a period of folly in their youth.  What could they have become if they had been guided by wisdom all of their lives.  Is it ever too late to ask for wisdom?  Do we get a second and third chance with it?  If we seek, will we find?.


2010 Post - Proverbs 5-8:  Don't Be Seduced

No comments:

Post a Comment