Friday, June 24, 2011

Psalms 127-132: More than Watchmen Wait for the Morning

Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
O Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
   to my cry for mercy.

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins,
   O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness;
   therefore you are feared.

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
   and in his word I put my hope.
My soul waits for the Lord
   more than watchmen wait for the morning,
   more than watchmen wait for the morning
. - Ps 130:1-6 NIV

Like the Psalmist, my soul waits for the Lord. Who else is there that knows me and all the going's on in my life:  the things others are aware of and the things they are not?  Who else is there than can deliver me from the depths of despair?  Who else forgives me?  Who else is there that can hear me?  Who else is there that can heal me?  Who else is there that can give me hope?  Who else is there that loves me?

So I wait for him, more than I wait for anything else in this life.  More than watchmen wait for the morning, waiting for the darkness to subside.  More than watchmen wait for the morning.

2010 Post - Psalms 127-132:  A Lord Built House

No comments:

Post a Comment