Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Psalms 111-118: This is the Day

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
   the name of the LORD is to be praised.
- Ps. 113:3 NIV

It's a beautiful morning.  Much cooler and less humid than it has been for the past week.  The windows are open and the wren is adding it's song to that of the robin and the purple martins.  Mornings were made for praising God.  Most of the time, we are so wrapped up in our lives that we don't praise him as we should.  The birds seem to know something that we don't.

 This is the day the LORD has made;
   let us rejoice and be glad in it
. - Ps 118:24 NIV

Over the years, I have found that the days I begin in the Lords presence go much more smoothly than those I begin on my own.  A harried life is no excuse.  Without praising our creator at the beginning of the day, the days just become more harried.  So to begin this morning, I give the praise to the one it is due.

You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
   you are my God, and I will exalt you.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
   his love endures forever
. PS 118:28-29 NIV

2010 Post - Psalms 111-118:  Not to Us O Lord, Not to Us

No comments:

Post a Comment