Friday, June 10, 2011

Psalms 61-65: Strength and Love

One thing God has spoken,
   two things have I heard:
that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving
. - Ps. 62:11-12 NIV

My mind has difficulty grasping this concept:  that God is strong and at the same time loving.  Usually my awareness is of one side or the other of God's nature, not both at the same time.  When I consider his strength...the strength and power of one who called forth light out of darkness and created our known world out of nothing, I feel small, unworthy, insignificant and hopelessly lost.  When I think of his love, of his forgiving nature, of how he chose me for his own, I have a tendency to start feeling wise and strong in my own power.  So, I'm caught in that dilemma we all face between the law and grace.  It's only by acknowledging that both are true that I am set fee to be what he desired when he created me.


2010 Post - Psalms 61-65:  God Is Love

No comments:

Post a Comment