Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Psalms 119: You are Righteous, Lord

You are righteous, LORD,
   and your laws are right.
The statutes you have laid down are righteous;
   they are fully trustworthy.
My zeal wears me out,
   for my enemies ignore your words.
Your promises have been thoroughly tested,
   and your servant loves them.
Though I am lowly and despised,
   I do not forget your precepts.
Your righteousness is everlasting
   and your law is true.
Trouble and distress have come upon me,
   but your commands give me delight.
Your statutes are always righteous;
   give me understanding that I may live.
Ps. 119:137-144 NIV

Many times I feel like the Psalmist. I see something, know something that the world refuses to acknowledge: That God is righteous, in all his ways and that God's law is true. 

During the years I was in business I began to realize that there were certain unwritten laws in business that would have severe consequences if broken.  That precept is illustrated over and over again in the rise and fall of the mighty like Bernie Madoff.  Following the written law is not enough.  There is order to the universe, and even if we think we are more clever than any of those around us, violating those laws will bring downfall. 

The same is true of  God's laws.  It doesn't matter if the world acknowledges God or his laws.  They still stand inviolable.  Even should we see the world around us crumble at the hands of those who let God have no part in their lives, God's law stands and will be standing when all else falls.  God is righteous, his law is righteous.  That is the only way it will ever be.

2010 Post - Psalms 119:  A Blessed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment